Wednesday, March 7, 2012

and many more

Happy Birthday to Jeff
Happy Birthday to Jeff
Happy Birthday dear Je-eff
Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday, love!

On Tuesday we celebrated Jeff's 28th birthday. I love birthdays and I'm teaching Jeff how to be a fan, so we had a pretty fun day.

First off, when we woke up, I gave Jeff his first present: A bag of this:


His favorite cereal. He was pretty happy about it. And I was pretty dang happy because he was pretty happy. Needless to say, it was a generally good morning.

Then Jeff had to go to school. (Ick. I'm so lucky to have a summer birthday.) While he was at school I baked him a beautiful Angel Food Cake. It was supposed to look like the pic on the left... but making the cake from scratch would have costed a good $20 more than buying one pre-made. So I cheated and made icing to put on my store-bought cake. I might have gone a little crazy on the chocolate.                                                                                          

           

Not too bad, if you ask me. Maybe not quite as gorgeous (and not quite as scrumptious), but it got the job done. 

In the evening, it was time to celebrate. Jeff got to choose what he wanted for dinner. So, I made mini pizzas per his request. The food turned out really well, but the picture didn't so I won't really bother with that.

Following dinner it was time for presents! I love presents. It was fun to shop for Jeff, I basically got all his gifts at the grocery store. :) Once presents were done, we were still not quite ready to eat the cake, so we did what just about any other newlywed couple would do.

We played in the snow. That's normal, right? From the pictures, it looks like I won the snowball fight, but the truth is: we both lost. That's what happens when you get old and tired from running around. Both of us ended up on the ground. And what's a good frolic in the snow without making snow angels?


Unfortunately, I went down a little hard while making my angel -- meaning my head hurt pretty bad. That's what happens when an angel's halo is just too heavy. Here are the effects of that:

(That's an "ice pack" under that hat).

Happy Birthday, Jeff! I might have a concussion!

But the cake went through even more trauma than my head.
See that picture on the bottom right? That's my "ice pack." (Which, in this case, means a bag of frozen mixed vegetable that Jeff and I got on sale at Smiths more than a month ago and still haven't eaten.)
Poor cake.

All is well, though. Jeff had a great birthday. I still have most of my brain cells. And the cake is... actually sitting in leftover mode in the fridge.

Happy Birthday, Jeff. Thanks for being born and letting me celebrate the anniversary of it. I love you so much.

I might go eat some cake now.

No comments:

Post a Comment