Friday, May 11, 2012

our first vacation (besides our honeymoon)

Jeff is a hard worker. He just finished his Spring semester of school and will be starting Summer semester on Monday. In the limited time we had, we decided to take a little vacation to...

*drumroll*


Yup, Arches. It was so much fun. I got three days off work and we drove to down to sunny Moab. We stayed in a little cabin that was about 10 minutes south of Moab. I don't think we'd stay there again, but it was pretty nice.


Here we are enjoying dinner after a long day of hiking.

Here's a little example of our hiking adventures.


This is Sand Dune Arch... well, it's the hike for it. This is literally the only thing I remembered about Arches from the time I went when I was... hmm, about three. The sand felt so good on our hiking feet. This hike was awesome... and so short. :)



I learned I am crazy out of shape on these hikes. But all the work is so worth it. Plus, my wonderful husband is so great to me. He carries the backpack up the cliffs all the time.

Our vacation was short lived but awesome. We enjoyed spending all day together everyday for awhile. We also decided we're going to try to hike more. 'Cause look how happy we look:


We are amazing. I can't wait until we retire and can do this all the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment