That's right. This past weekend Jeff and I celebrated our one-year-versary. How is that possible, one might ask, seeing as your most recent update was for your three-month-versary? True. A couple weeks does not a year make.
But, as one might also recall, our three-month-versary was celebrating the 'versary' of our marriage. The one-year-versary is celebrating 365 days of being together.
(Some might also ask, "Why don't you just call it an anniversary? To which Jeff will reply, "Yeah, but it's not our Anniversary." Note: the capital 'A.')
Jeff and I like to make up reasons to celebrate. Case and point: when we were engaged, we celebrated 'Double Digits 'Til We Get Married Day' 99 days before October 14.
![]() |
| Ah, we were so young. |
I got Jeff a special gift.
It's a framed picture of each of the places we went on our first date.
And we stayed the night at an awesome place:
The Anniversary Inn (because we couldn't find The One-Year-Versary Inn. (Also, because we got an awesome coupon for it)). If you don't know about the Anniversary Inn, here's what makes it special: they have themed rooms. Jeff and I stayed in the "Rio Grande" suite. It was like an old-time railcar... with the added bonus of a jacuzzi tub and waterfall shower. Heavenly. Seriously, it was amazing. I wish I had gotten a picture of it, but Jeff and I were too busy having a great time to remember such things. We picked up sandwiches at Paradise Cafe and settled in to our room. We didn't even have a reason to leave. The room was special enough.
In the morning, this appeared outside our door:
![]() |
Overall, Project 'Celebrate One-Year-Versary' was a hit. Jeff and I had a great time being together and (sorta) getting away. I'm definitely all for celebrating our togetherness... even if we have to make up a 'versary' for it.
Much love to my husband, Jeff, for a year unlike any other. 365 days will seem so small someday. And I'm looking forward to that.
Oh yeah, also, The Anniversary Inn has a murder garage. Check it out:
![]() |
| You should have seen this place in the dark... |





No comments:
Post a Comment