Some 365 days ago, I nervously dialed Jeff's number during President Obama's State of the Union address. I asked him out, and he accepted. Both of us were in a state of ecstasy. But, poor Jeff, worried and worried over planning our first date. He said that he knew it needed to go well, because I was certainly something special. Luckily, I gave him a hint. I told him I liked Italian food, which took a lot of pressure off of him in the dinner department. (Also, I really liked him already... so he could've taken me anywhere. I would've loved it).
But Jeff's not the sort of person who does anything halfway. So, instead of taking me to the easy-Italian option (read: Olive Garden). He took me here:
It's a cool, urban Italian restaurant. Across from Library Square and above a tattoo parlor. It was pretty nifty. I started to realize I had more in common with Jeff than I thought. It's not every practicing, believing mormon who has an affinity for urban life.
On the way to Stoneground, we drove by this building:
The City and County Building. I mentioned that I loved this old building but that I had never been inside. Jeff must have taken that as a clue. After our delicious dinner and a couple rounds of pool (it's currently in debate who won these games), Jeff took me on an impromptu walk through this gorgeous building. "Okay," I'm thinking, "We definitely have a lot in common." Jeff and I share an affinity for architecture.
Jeff had planned to take me to an art gallery next. Which would have been great, but since we spontaneously altered the plan, the gallery was closed. So, what's a soon-to-be couple to do?
That's right, we did what just about any other respectable couple would do: go get ice cream! The location of our first half-date carried over into the location of our first official date. What a perfect way to end a perfect date.
And not an awkward conversation lag to mention. This is quite an achievement for two shy peeps like Jeff and me.



No comments:
Post a Comment