Jeff and I just recently moved from our apartment in Provo. I was going to my first semester of graduate school at Brigham Young University, and Jeff only had two classes per week versus my five. Though it wasn't our original plan, we decided it would make more sense (economically and otherwise) to move down south. So, there we were in our little apartment (which actually had a huge walk-in closet), surrounded by parking lots and setting up house.
We did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself. Observe:
But, despite our best efforts, we weren't really enjoying the place where we lived. Basically, the only thing we liked about it was that we were together and it was close to BYU.
We learned a few things in our stint, though, that we'd like to pass on:
- It actually is possible for traffic to always be terrible
- Freshmen are obnoxious
- Young married couples are obnoxious
- A freezing apartment does not a happy Megan make
- Caves are dark and the sun is better
- How to scream "Don't look in our apartment" every time somebody walks by
- It's bad when Wal-Mart is your only form of entertainment
So, in short, Provo is not for us. (Cue my Dad saying "I told you so.") Yup. Our experiment didn't last long. Only 57 days to be exact. We ended up moving to Salt Lake City proper. And we love it so far!
And, as it turns out, BYU is not the graduate school for me. So, living in Provo just for the fun of it would be kind of silly. I feel like we will look back on those 57 days as the "Lost" days of the Attermann Family.
All joking aside, there are good people in Provo. Just sayin'
But, look how awesome our new apartment is:
| Yup, this is our view. |
No comments:
Post a Comment